The J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Championship is an invitational event designed to celebrate the unique corporate culture of the 13 cities in the worldwide J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Series. The first place male, female, and mixed team in each city (three teams total per city) will earn an invitation to the Championship, provided they meet the eligibility rules.
- Qualifying companies for the Championship must have a strong local presence in the Corporate Challenge city they are representing. For U.S. events, your company is eligible if it is based in or has one or more offices in the greater metropolitan area of the city in which you are competing. For international events, your company is eligible if your company is based in or has one or more offices in the country in which you are competing.
- At least three members of the qualifying team must be employed at an address (or addresses) in the greater metropolitan area (for U.S. events) or country (for international events) of the event in which they are competing.
- Greater metropolitan area in the U.S. is defined as follows: In Boston, Chicago, New York City and San Francisco it is within 50 miles of the city center. In Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse, it is within 100 miles of the city center. Upstate New York companies that are within 100 miles of multiple Corporate Challenge cities cannot participate in more than one race in an effort to qualify for the Championship.
- Individual runners who participate in the 2012 Championship in Chicago cannot participate in the 2013 Championship, without exception. Runners who qualified for the most recent Championship but did not attend are eligible to qualify the following year.
- Company teams representing retail stores that predominantly feature running shoes and apparel are not eligible for the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Championship.
If you have any questions on whether your team meets the local criteria for Championship eligibility, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before you finalize your team registration.