- The J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Championship is an invitational event open to the top male, female, and mixed teams from each city.
- All runners or substitutes must be listed on the original company team roster from your 2012 Series event. The online system provides the names of the eligible runners on your original company team. If you cannot find a specific runner in your team list, contact the local race coordinator.
- In order to participate in the Championship, your team must be complete and finalized, and all relevant fees must be paid by the deadlines stated in Race Details.
- At the time of the Championship, all team
members (original and substitute) must be
actively employed by the company they are
representing, working a minimum of 25
hours per week for at least 3 months prior
to the date of their original qualifying race.
Summer employees, employees on leave,
and sub-contractors are not eligible.
- Each participant must individually complete a Runner Entry Form (online) in order to be officially entered and eligible to run. By completing the form and agreeing to the waiver, runners certify that they are medically fit to run and fulfill the employment requirements listed above.
- Runners who participated in the 2012 Championship race in Chicago may not register nor participate in the 2013 race in Rochester.
- Company teams representing retail stores that predominantly feature running shoes and apparel are not eligible for the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Championship.
Return to top
Specific Race Day Rules
- All runners must complete the medical emergency information on the back of their race numbers.
- All runners must wear their assigned race numbers, clearly visible on the front and back of their shirt during the race. Numbers must be displayed in full view, and may not be folded or cut in any way.
- Championship participants must wear a company team shirt. Any Championship participant
wearing a shirt other than his/her team shirt
may be subject to disqualification.
- All team members must participate unaided. Roller skates, skateboards, rollerblades, baby joggers, roller skis, bicycles, strollers, or animals are strictly prohibited anywhere along the race course. Their use will result in disqualification of the individual runner and possibly the entire company.
Return to top
- The official score for each team will be determined by combining the chip times of the eligible runners.
- All runners must wear their assigned chips to be officially scored. Runners will be provided with chips and may not use their own chips.
- Runners cannot be moved between teams after the Race Packet has been picked up.
- To be eligible for awards, all team members must have a chip finish time.
Return to top
- Neither JPMorgan Chase & Co. (Series Owner) nor the Race Coordinator is responsible for lost or stolen valuables.
- Company Captains will receive additional information in their race packets, which will be considered part of these rules.
- The Series Owner reserves the right to delay, postpone, cancel, or not officially time any race in the event of adverse weather conditions. The determination of what constitutes adverse weather conditions is reserved solely to the Executive Race Committee. Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable, even in the case of event cancellation.
- The Series Owner reserves the right to make additions, changes, or clarifications to these rules without prior notice to company captains or participants. The Series Owner will endeavor to advise all participants of any rule change prior to the race, but any such change shall be considered binding upon all company captains and participants whether or not they have received notice of the change prior to the race.
- All rules are subject to interpretation by the Race Coordinator and Executive Race Committee. All decisions of the Executive Race Committee are final.
- The Series Owner reserves the right to reject or disqualify any runner or team whose conduct is inappropriate to the spirit of the race. It is expected that teams and team members will represent their companies in a sportsmanlike and professional manner.
Violation of any of the rules indicated herein, in the Race Packet and/or in the race day announcements, may result in disqualification of any runner, team, and/or entire company for this and/or future events. The decision of the Executive Race Committee is final.
Return to top