The 2012 J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge in Shanghai is scheduled for Thursday, 18 October. We encourage every employee of your company to enter, whether they are experienced racers, joggers or walkers. Register early, however, as we will reach capacity quickly. We thank you for your interest in fitness and health, and we look forward to seeing you at the start in the Xu Hui District!
J.P. Morgan, in support of the Corporate Challenge, will make a donation to a local not for profit organisation. Click here to see a list of Series Beneficiaries who received part of the $600,000 donated to in 2012.
The Company Captain
The Company Captain plays an instrumental role on behalf of the participating company and is the liaison with the Race Coordinator. The Company Captain is responsible for forming a team, recruiting runners, finalising the entry, obtaining and distributing race day materials to the participants, and submitting scores. The Company Captain also coordinates the t-shirt contest entry and makes hospitality arrangements, if desired.
A convenient checklist is available which details the responsibilities of the Company Captain.
The Registration Process
There are three steps in the registration process: 1) the company team is created, 2) participants register themselves, and 3) the company team is finalised. If participants do not pay their own registration fee, then the Company Captain will pay when the team is finalised.
Each company team may have an unlimited number of registered participants. However, you must meet the minimum registration requirements - four men for a male team, four woman for a female team, or two men and two women for a mixed team.
- Due to course restrictions, the Race Coordinator reserves the right to limit entries before the closing date.
- Entries will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis of correct entry materials and full payment received until the maximum number of participants has been reached.
- To determine the submission date of your company entry, the Race Coordinator will use the date that your company entry is finalised, or the date that full payment is made, whichever is later.
- No changes will be allowed once the company entry has been finalised.
- No race day entries will be accepted.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable even in the case of event cancellation.
- Race packs will not be released until all entry fees have been paid.
Create Your Company Team
Create your company team by using the link provided at the top of this page. You will be asked for contact information, information about your company, payment method (captain pays or runners pay), and the number of runners you expect to register for your company team. New company captains will also establish a user name and password for Captain tools; current company captains should use their previous year's user name and password.
Once your team is created, your personalized company team page lists your participants as they register and has a bulletin board for team and race updates and an area to post pictures. The Captain Tools link lets you customize and maintain your company team page, and provides team management tools to email your team members, update your company team information, and finalize your team.
Next, register yourself if you plan to run, using the links at the top of this page. Provide your company employees with the details of the race and direct them to this website to register themselves.
Finalize your Company Team
After all of your participants have registered, use the Captain Tools to finalize your entry. Submit payment by the entry closing deadline to complete your company entry. See Payment Options below.
Payments are accepted by credit card, direct deposit/electronic funds transfer, company cheque or money order. Only one direct deposit, company cheque or money order will be accepted per company entry.
When making payment by credit card, you must use Internet Explorer as your browser.
Contact the race coordinator for EFT details.
Company Entry Checklist
- Create your team online.
- Distribute race details and registration instructions to all potential team members.
- Ensure that your team members are registered correctly before the deadline.
- Finalise your company entry using Captain Tools, and pay your entry fees before the deadline. See Race Details for dates and payment details.
For further information or assistance with the entry process, please read through the information posted on this website or contact the Race Coordinator.
Return to top