The Corporate Challenge donation to WaterAid in 2013 provided families the time and resources to grow and sell vegetables, creating the opportunity for Ellen Malambo (pictured) to buy school books for her children.
Photo: WaterAid/Candace Feit
will benefit WaterAid
Optional fundraising component available for participants
LONDON, May 30, 2014 — For the second year in succession WaterAid has been named the beneficiary of the 2014 J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge®, to be held on Wednesday and Thursday, July 9th and 10th, at London's Battersea Park.
“We’re delighted to be involved with the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge in London once again this year,” said Barbara Frost, WaterAid Chief Executive.
As part of the Corporate Challenge’s worldwide commitment to supporting charities and institutions, J.P. Morgan, on behalf of Corporate Challenge participants, will make a donation to WaterAid.
Last year, funds raised for WaterAid through the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge were enough to reach over 2,450 people providing them with taps and toilets in some of the world’s poorest communities. For instance, Muyangali, a village in rural southern Zambia, had a new pump installed, making a healthier environment for children and allowing families more time and resources to grow and sell vegetables.
This year’s Corporate Challenge is also raising awareness for WaterAid’s Everyone, Everywhere campaign, which is working to see a world where everyone, everywhere has clean water, sanitation and hygiene by 2030.
Corporate Challenge entrants now have the opportunity to participate in an optional fundraising campaign. Those entrants who donate £15 in support of the Everyone, Everywhere campaign will go into a ballot to receive one of the prizes below:
- Pair of tickets to Lee Evans on September 20 at the O2 Arena, London
- J.P. Morgan Ben Ainslie Racing team sailing kit; jacket polo shirt, cap
- Pair of tickets to the National Theatre, Medea (a new production by Ben Power), on Wednesday September 3
- Pair of tickets to the Decanter Fine Wine Encounter on November 16 at the Landmark Hotel
- Entry into the Royal Parks Half Marathon on Sunday October 12
- Babolat tennis bag
- 4 x tickets to the Wimbledon Museum valid until December 31, 2014
- 1 x table for 8 people Smart Christmas Party at Battersea Evolution
- Pair of tickets for a guided tour of Lord’s Cricket Ground
- J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Championship bag and jacket
- A year-long wellbeing membership to any of Nuffield Health's 35 Fitness & Wellness Centres
“It can cost as little as £15 to enable one person to access clean water,” said Frost. “The fundraising efforts of J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge participants will really make a huge difference.”
To donate or raise money on behalf of WaterAid please visit https://www.justgiving.com/company/jpmorgancc2014/
Fundraising for WaterAid is not a mandatory component of the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge in London, but offered only in an effort to expand the event’s mission of teamwork and camaraderie.