The J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Championship is an invitational event designed to celebrate the unique corporate culture of the worldwide Series. The first place male, female, and mixed team in each city (three teams total per city) will earn an invitation to the Championship, provided they meet the eligibility rules.
- Qualifying companies for the Championship must have a strong local presence in the Corporate Challenge city they are representing. For U.S. and Sydney events, your company is eligible if it is based in or has one or more offices in the greater metropolitan area of the city in which you are competing. For all other events, your company is eligible if your company is based in or has one or more offices in the country in which you are competing.
- At least three members of the qualifying team must be employed at an address (or addresses) in the greater metropolitan area (for the U.S. and Sydney events) or country (for all other events) of the event in which they are competing.
- Greater metropolitan area in the U.S. is defined as follows: In Boston, Chicago, New York City and San Francisco it is within 50 miles of the city center. In Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse, it is within 100 miles of the city center. Upstate New York companies that are within 100 miles of multiple Corporate Challenge cities cannot participate in more than one race in an effort to qualify for the Championship. Greater metropolitan area in Sydney is defined as within 100 kilometers of the city center.
- At the time of the Championship, all team members (original and substitute) must be actively employed by the company they are representing, working a minimum of 25 hours per week from the date of their original qualifying race through the date of the Championship race. Temporary/casual employees, employees on leave, interns and sub-contractors are not eligible.
- Individual runners who participate in the 2017 Championship cannot participate in the 2018 Championship, without exception. Runners who qualified for the most recent Championship but did not attend are eligible to qualify the following year.
- Company teams representing retail stores that predominantly feature running shoes and apparel are not eligible for the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Championship.
- Companies must have at least ten participants registered for their local qualifying event in order to be eligible for the Championship.
If you have any questions on whether your team meets the local criteria for Championship eligibility, please contact us at email@example.com before you finalize your team registration.