Logo: J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge.
On screen: Actor, Comedian, & Producer Kevin Hart speaks to the viewer remotely. Kevin Hart pretends to be knocking on our digital device's viewing screen, as if he is rapping on a windowpane.
Kevin: Hey! Hey You! Hey, do me a favor, back off that screen that you’ve been sitting behind for months. It's time to join the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Virtual and remix the run. Remix, re-re-re-re-remix the run.
On screen: As a man blow an airhorn, hundreds of runners dart across a starting line labeled "J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge." They wear shirts with different corporate logos.
Kevin (VO): I’m giving you an invite to the elite business event of the year!
On screen: A montage shows Corporate Challenge participants running in different metropolitan cities.
Kevin (VO): 15 cities across 6 continents are teaming up for 1 global run.
On screen: High-spirited participants greet one another, fist bump, cheer, and make the "thumbs up" gesture.
Kevin (VO): For 43 years JPMorgan’s been bringing industries and colleagues together to sweat at their own speed, network and have fun.
On screen: A montage shows different Corporate Challenge races throughout the years. Some participants run with expressions of focused determination, other joggers and walkers have wide smiles. Spectators cheer as an athletic woman crosses the finish line first.
Kevin (VO): But this year we’re rocking a remix.
On screen: A montage shows the participants running in reverse. Then a D.J. spins an old-style vinyl record backwards. Next, Kevin Hart speaks to the viewer, again, virtually from his home.
Kevin: 2020 shook us all to the core and guess what? Things changed overnight, but that doesn’t mean it’s over! The beat goes on.
On screen: More racers dash toward the finish line.
Kevin (VO): That’s right! The J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge global powerhouse event is coming your way virtual style, with a few new features.
On screen: An infographic shows a website displaying: scenes from past Corporate Challenges; the time left before Team Captain registration opens; and options to access content using transcripts or audio description. Another page labeled "Registration" shows 15 cities highlighted across a world map.
Kevin (VO): Stay connected with your team and track your results with our brand-new mobile app!
On screen: A mobile device displays: the Corporate Challenge logo; a welcome screen; the date and time for New York City's run; and an Activity Log. Another screen displays: miles ran; elapsed time; current pace; and best finish time. Then, a close-up of Kevin Hart.
Kevin: And you better believe that old K. Hart himself is getting in on the action and I’m bringing my whole team to pound the pavement with me. Brace yourselves.
On screen: A montage shows Kevin Hart, in a coach's shirt, demonstrating push-ups and plank exercises.
Kevin (VO): Whatever your pace – run, walk, jog – over hours, days, weeks, it’s up to you!
On screen: A montage shows J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge runners, walkers, joggers, and wheelchair users.
Kevin (VO): The challenge is to keep moving one step at a time towards your goal.
On screen: Members of a Corporate Challenge team raise their arms in a victorious cheer. Then, Kevin Hart continues speaking remotely.
Kevin: So dust off those limbs and get your teams together, and let's do this!
On screen: Kevin Hart leaps forward, leaving his swivel chair spinning behind him!
Kevin (VO): Register on our website. Team captain registration begins on August 25th. Participant registration begins on September 8th.
Text on screen: Register at jpmorganchasecc.com. Hashtag: Remix The Run.
Logo: J.P.Morgan Corporate Challenge (registered trademark.)
Text on screen: Facebook at JPMorgan Corporate Challenge. Twitter at JPMorgan. Hashtag JPMCC. Hashtag Remix The Run.
Registration Now OpenGet Started
Choose the location closest to you by geography or sentiment to begin registration. Participation is open to all but you must select from one of our 15 host locations when registering.
In its 44th year, the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge is introducing an innovative virtual component. With our first-ever run tracking mobile app, J.P. Morgan is offering professionals from all industries and at every level a unique opportunity to connect, compete and have fun... virtually! Get ready to #RemixTheRun with us in 2020 to celebrate teamwork, camaraderie, and the Corporate Challenge community worldwide.
J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Virtual
October 8, 2020 (12:00 p.m. UTC) –
October 22, 2020 (12:00 p.m. UTC)
3.5 miles / 5.6 kilometers
Your company's participation in the 2020 J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Virtual is complimentary.
Team Captain Registration Opens: August 25, 2020, 12:00 p.m. UTC (GMT+0)
Participant Registration Opens: September 8, 2020+, 12:00 p.m. UTC (GMT+0)
Every participating company must assign a Team Captain to create and manage their J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Virtual company team. The Team Captain will be the main point of contact for their company's participation and will help to ensure a seamless experience for their colleagues. The Team Captain is responsible for:
Creating a Team
- To create a team, choose your company's location from the Registration map above. If you don't see your exact location, choose the one closest to your company geographically or by sentiment. Register your company by hovering and clicking "Create a Team".
- Make sure to register your company as soon as possible. Your colleagues can register as a participant starting on September 8, 2020.
- You can access your Team Captain Dashboard anytime to see who has registered for your team. Once the event participation period begins on October 8, 2020, you can see which colleagues have completed their run.
- Review Eligibility Rules. View Rules & Safety
Recruiting Coworkers to Register as Participants
When Participant Registration begins on September 8, 2020, invite coworkers to join your team in one of two ways:
- Send your coworkers the unique company team link from your confirmation email, which will take them to your specific team signup page.
- Direct your coworkers to the Registration Map. They will select your Corporate Challenge Virtual location on the map and click on Participant Registration. This will direct them to the Participant Registration page, where they will choose your company from the search menu.
Tips for recruiting coworkers:
- Start early: Begin recruiting right after you register your team and encourage coworkers to register right when Participant Registration begins on September 8, 2020. The sooner you build your team, the more time you'll have to engage teammates in training and to partake in the full J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Virtual experience.
- Speak at a company or team meeting: Share why you believe participating in the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Virtual will be a positive experience for your company.
- Motivate your team: Encourage colleagues to sign up by offering small prizes to the first people who register for your team.
- Get the word out: Let your coworkers know you're looking for team members and ask them to help spread the word. They may know someone in another department that would like to participate.
- Get moving: Encourage your team to take walk breaks or run before or after work.
- Make it fun: Give your coworkers regular updates on J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Virtual experiences and challenges. Those who haven't signed up will see how much fun your team is having and may be inspired to join.
To ensure your colleagues get the most from their experience, download the Team Captain Digital Toolkit below. It is filled with J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Virtual materials to help each Team Captain motivate their team before, during, and after the event!
Use Social Media to Share How Your Company Will
Participant Registration is now open!
Find Your Company’s Team
Start your registration process using the link you received from your Team Captain. If you do not have this link, visit the Registration Map and click on the location your Team Captain selected when creating your team, then click on “Participant Registration.” This will direct you to the Participant Registration page, where you will choose your company from the search menu.
Complete the Registration Form
When you complete your registration, you will receive a unique registration ID number. Save this number, as it will be required to utilize the J.P. Morgan Corp. Challenge App to track your run. Visit our FAQs for additional information.
Join Celebrity Trainer Ron “Boss” Everline on a 4-week training journey to help you and your colleagues get ready for the big event! Visit News & Media starting September 15, 2020 to access the Weekly Training videos.
Complete Your Virtual Race
Starting October 8, 2020, use the J.P. Morgan Corp. Challenge App to track and record your run. The App will be available for download in October, prior to the event start. More information will be sent to Participants once App is available.
We look forward to seeing you and your colleagues #RemixTheRun virtually!
Virtual Event Registration
We announced in June the cancellation of the in-person 2020 J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Series around the world. The Virtual Event will provide you and your company the opportunity to enjoy our unique form of competition and camaraderie.
Virtual Event Participation
Participants can either walk, jog, or run the same Corporate Challenge distance that we have used since our 1977 debut in Central Park-- 3.5 miles or 5.6327 kilometers.
Once your registration is completed you will receive a unique registration ID number. This, along with your date of birth, will be required to utilize the J.P. Morgan Corp. Challenge App (App) to track and submit your results. The App will be available in both the Apple Store and Google Play prior to the event in October. More information will be sent to participants once the App is available.
No, as a virtual event, participants will be able to walk, jog, or run any 3.5 mi / 5.6 km route regardless of location, surface or terrain. Given the GPS technology, the App does not support treadmill runs at this time.
Yes, participants competing in a wheelchair or handcycle should indicate so on the registration form.
Absolutely. You can walk, jog, run or stroll for 3.5 mi / 5.6 km.
Yes, registered participants can submit as many results as they’d like during the event (October 8, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. UTC (GMT+0) - October 22, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. UTC (GMT+0)) via the App. The fastest time submitted will appear on the Event Leaderboard.
There is a two-hour time limit to complete each race. The App will automatically stop after two hours if the “Cancel Run” prompt is not selected. Only completed 3.5 mi / 5.6327 km runs will be uploaded to the Event Leaderboard.
Participants of the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Virtual shall follow all applicable local, state, and national guidelines and regulations regarding exercise and social distancing while participating in the Virtual Event.
Participants have two weeks to complete and submit their individual results via the J.P. Morgan Corp. Challenge App. The Virtual Event participation period is scheduled from October 8, 2020 12:00 p.m. UTC– October 22, 2020 12:00 p.m. UTC (GMT+0).
The J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Virtual participation period will begin and end at the following local time in each of our anchor locations:
|Location||Start Time (October 8)||End Time (October 22)||GMT|
|New York City||8:00||8:00||GMT-4|
The Virtual Event participation period is scheduled from October 8, 2020, 12:00 p.m. UTC – October 22, 2020, 12:00 p.m. UTC (GMT+0). For your run to count toward individual and team results you must start BEFORE October 22, 12:00 p.m. UTC (GMT+0). There is a two-hour time limit to complete and submit your J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Virtual run.
Virtual Event Results
No, the 2020 J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Virtual event results do not count toward qualification for the 2021 J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Championship.
No, the 2020 J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Virtual does not offer awards, but individual and team results will appear on the Event Leaderboard.
Race results can be found on the Event Leaderboard.
The J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge App
The App will be available in both the Apple Store and Google Play prior to the event in October. More information will be sent to participants once the App is available.
The App is free and available to install on iOS and Android devices.
If you are using cellular data or Wi-Fi and have issues with the App, try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network. If your App is paused while downloading, try pressing firmly on the icon, select “resume downloading” or “cancel download” and try again.
Yes, participants must install the App after registering for the Virtual Event and before beginning their run to have their finish time appear on the Event Leaderboard.
The J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge App is available in Chinese, English, German and Spanish.
In addition to the host countries of the J.P. M Morgan Corporate Challenge Virtual, The App is also available in the following countries:
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Russian Federation
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Virgin Islands (U.S.)
If the App is unavailable in your country, please contact your nearest Customer Service team location for additional information on how to still participate in the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Virtual.
The App uses GPS to record the time and distance covered once the App timer is started. Participants should confirm the GPS function is operational prior to starting. At the end of 3.5 mi / 5.6327 km, the App will stop recording time and distance and the individual results will display on the screen. The App will automatically upload your results to the Event Leaderboard, but only your fastest time will be displayed.
If you registered for multiple events you will receive a unique registration code for each race in separate emails. Please add each unique registration code into the App in either the settings tab or on the event selection page by selecting “add another event”.
If you encounter an error, force close and reopen the App. If that is unsuccessful, try restarting your device and see if the App works as expected. You may also try deleting and reinstalling the App as well. If you need further assistance, please contact your location’s Customer Service team.
The 3.5-mile distance has been a consistent element of the Corporate Challenge since we ran two laps of the 1.75-mile Southern Loop of New York’s Central Park in our very first event on July 13, 1977. We will stay true to that for the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Virtual by utilizing 5.6327 km precisely on our App in all 15-locations.
No, you cannot pause the App after starting the run. You can press “Cancel Run” to stop and start over again. Only completed 3.5 mi / 5.6327 km runs will be submitted to the Event Leaderboard.
Only completed distances will be recorded. The App has a two-hour time limit and will automatically stop once the time limit or the 3.5 mi / 5.6327 km distance has been reached.
Finisher shirts will be available to order by Team Captains on a first come, first served basis in order of individual participant registration, while supplies last. Finisher shirts are not guaranteed for all race participants. The following delivery conditions must be met to receive a finisher shirt while supplies last:
- Team Captains must opt-in to receive finisher shirts during the Virtual Event registration period.
- The ship-to delivery address must be located within the country or identified geographic region identified on the race participant's submitted registration form for the specified Virtual Event.
During the Virtual Event registration period, Team Captains determine how their team's eligible finisher shirts will be distributed. Each Team Captain will have the option to elect that finisher shirts be shipped to either: (a) one (1) office location, with the process for subsequent delivery/distribution to eligible race participants determined by the Team Captain, (b) directly to individual race participants at the mailing address identified on their submitted registration form (with a shipping fee paid for by the Team Captain) or (c) opt-out of receiving finisher shirts; in which case such election shall apply to all participants on the team.
If your Team Captain has elected to receive finisher shirts, please allow 30 days for shipping after the 2020 J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Virtual Event has concluded. JPMorgan Chase is not responsible for and will not replace any finisher shirt lost during transit. We will not be able to provide individual tracking or shipment status information for finisher shirt delivery.
Each participant is eligible for one (1) finisher shirt, while supplies last.
The finisher shirts silhouettes are women’s short sleeve technical v-neck and men’s short-sleeve technical crew neck.
|Neck (Seam to Seam)||17cm||18cm||18.5cm||19cm||19.7cm||20.3cm|
|Neck (Seam to Seam)||17cm||18cm||18.5cm||19cm||19.7cm||20.3cm|
No, we are unable to accommodate exchanges.
No, finisher shirts will not be available for sale.
No, shipping is available to residential or business addresses only.
Shipping information is collected during the Virtual Event registration period and cannot be modified after October 1, 2020. Prior to October 1, 2020, Team Captains may update single shipment delivery addresses (one per team) via their Team Captain’s dashboard. If a team has elected to ship finisher shirts directly to eligible race participants, and if a team member would like to update their individual ship-to delivery address, provided that the request is submitted prior to October 1, 2020, the race participant may email the applicable Virtual Event’s customer service team to accommodate that change, if possible.
Rules & Safety
The following terms and conditions (the "Rules of Competition for Virtual Races") apply to the 2020 J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Virtual Race Series (the “Virtual Series”) which is affiliated with the global, in-person.
J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Road Race Series (the "In-Person Series", and together with the Virtual Series, the “Series”). Each race in the Virtual Series is called a “Virtual Race”, each race in the In-Person Series is called an “In-Person Race”, and collectively, all races in the Series are called “Races”).
- Company and employee eligibility determinations shall be made exclusively by JPMorgan Chase (the “Series Owner”) and/or its authorized representative Executive Race Committee (the “ERC”).
- All participant and team eligibility decisions are final. Upon request, ERC or the Series Owner may request supplemental materials to support a participant’s eligibility to participate in a Virtual Race.
- The Virtual Series is open to all companies in all industries that have an interest in advancing workplace camaraderie.
- Companies who register teams for any Virtual Race in the Virtual Series must have a facility or office on the continent in which the Virtual Race is held.
- Participants must be employees and at least 18 years of age on the first day of the Virtual Race.
- By registering for a Virtual Race, participants represent and warrant that: (a) they are medically fit to run; and (b) they fulfill the previously-listed employment requirements.
- Participants do not need to be registered for an In-Person Race to participate in a Virtual Race.
- The Series Owner or ERC reserves the right to limit the number of participant entries before the published Virtual Race registration closing date.
- The Series Owner and ERC reserve the right to change the start and finish date of a Virtual Race without liability to the participant. In such circumstances, the Series Owner or ERC will use reasonable efforts to notify the participant of any change to or cancellation of the applicable Virtual Race. In the event of a cancellation, postponement or delayed Virtual Race, entry fees (if any) shall be deemed non-refundable and non-transferable.
See Safety Bulletin Below.
- To receive an official score for a Virtual Race, a participant must: (a) log into the Series Mobile App using their assigned unique registration ID number and date of birth, (b) use the Series Mobile App to track and record their performance data (including distance, pace, location, elevation, and total cumulative time); and (c) complete a course of 3.5 miles or 5.6327km during the applicable Virtual Race's advertised racing period (as set forth within the Series Mobile App or as posted on the Series Website) within 2 hours of starting the event in the Series Mobile App or their submitted time will not be included in the overall Virtual Race leaderboard on the Series website.
- For safety and scoring reasons, roller skates, skateboards, rollerblades, roller skis, and bicycles are strictly prohibited.
- A participant's Race results are calculated by the time elapsed between the start time and end time of the participant's timed run rounded up to the nearest whole second.
- A participant’s results will appear on the Series Website after completing the run. Individual results for all Virtual Races will appear on the Virtual Race’s leaderboard on the Series Website.
- Participants can complete the Virtual Race as many times as they’d like during the Virtual Race’s scoring period. The fastest time for each participant will be used to calculate the participant’s results and appear on the Virtual Race’s leaderboard on the Series Website.
In addition to the Scoring Rules above, the following apply to teams participating in a Virtual Race:
- Team results are calculated automatically by the Series’ Mobile App on the combined time of four (4) team members when individual racing results are collected by the Mobile Series App during the Virtual Race’s scoring period. The first four (4) men or women to finish and submit their results for the Virtual Race from a company are placed on the first Men’s or Women’s team. If any of the subsequent finishing times from company employees are faster than one (1) of the first four (4) submitted times, the faster employee will be placed on the first team and the slower time will be moved to the second company team. At the conclusion of the Virtual Race scoring period, the fastest four (4) employees of each gender will represent the company’s fastest men’s and women’s team and the two (2) fastest men and two (2) fastest women will form the company’s fastest mixed team.
- For purposes of team’s scores, an employee can appear on a total of two teams for their company (e.g. on either a men’s or women’s team and a mixed team).
- A company may form as many teams as they have employees to fill; however, each team requires four (4) men for a men’s team, four (4) women for a women’s team, or two (2) men and two women (2) for a mixed team. Participants not appearing in the team results will appear on the Virtual Race’s leaderboard on the Series website.
- The “Cumulative Total Distance Run” for all participations and the “Average Best Finish Times” for each company will appear on the Virtual Race’s leaderboard on the Series Website.
- Every mile/km submitted through the Series Mobile App counts towards the combined total distance run by the employees for a company.
- A company’s size classification is based on the number of registered participants for the applicable Virtual Race not the total number of participants registered for the Series.
These Rules of Competition for Virtual Races and any other rules are subject to interpretation by the Series Owner and the ERC. All decisions of the ERC and the Series Owner are final.
By registering for any Virtual Race, the participant agrees to be bound by these Rules of Competition for Virtual Races. If a participant does not agree to the terms and conditions herein, the participant must not take part in the applicable Virtual Race or the Virtual Series. The Series Owner and the ERC reserve the right to change these Rules of Competition for Virtual Races from time to time in their sole discretion.
J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Virtual Safety Bulletin
If you train regularly for at least a month before the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge you should be fit enough to run a satisfying race. But all your hard work can be worthless if you don’t take care of yourself properly during the days just before the event.
Participants must follow all applicable local, state, and national requirements and regulations regarding mask safety, exercise and social distancing. If you have any known symptoms of COVID-19 or have tested positive for COVID-19, you should seek medical advice before participating in the Series.
Heatstroke is the breakdown of the body’s ability to control its own temperature. It occurs most often in short races when unfit runners, enticed by the seemingly easy, short distance, run at a pace that is beyond their conditioning. But even world-class athletes have suffered heatstroke. The condition is deadly; victims of heatstroke—including young, fit people—suffer an 80 percent mortality rate.
Any one of the following conditions puts you at risk for heatstroke. If one or more of these risk factors applies to you, do not run in the heat (above 70° F/21° C). Review the list on the day you plan to participate in the Virtual Race; if you are at risk, do not race in the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Virtual event.
- Alcohol intake within 24 hours
- History of heatstroke
- Lack of recent, regular training
- Lack of sleep
- More than 20 percent overweight
- Not acclimated to the heat. It takes three weeks to acclimate to an increase in temperature.
- Recent immunizations
- Sunburn or rash
- Taking medications, either over-the-counter or prescription, especially those that decrease your ability to sweat, including:
- Anti-diarrheal medications
- Cold medications
- Ephedrine, ephedra, ma huang
The beginning stages of heatstroke are often marked by a throbbing headache, a general feeling of malaise or excessive warmth, confusion, difficulty concentrating, disorientation, clumsiness, stumbling, and excessive sweating or no sweating. The symptoms of heat exhaustion, a condition that can precede heatstroke, are extreme fatigue, nausea, vomiting, giddiness, muscular cramps, rapid breathing, and faintness.
If you or a teammate have any of these symptoms, stop running, get into a cool environment (shade, for example), and seek medical attention immediately.
If you have one of the above risk factors, don’t run in the heat (above 70° F/21° C). Even runners to whom none of the above risk factors apply should take the following precautions:
- Don’t run during the hottest part of the day.
- If you are not acclimated to the heat, reduce the length of your run and slow your pace by one minute per km until you’re acclimated to the heat. It takes three weeks to fully acclimate to a higher temperature and humidity.
- Drink water throughout the day, before, during, and after runs and races.
If any of the conditions listed below apply to you, you should consult with your doctor about your plans to train and race.
- Coronary artery disease
- Drug use
- Excessive stress at work or home
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- No previous running experience
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Drink plenty of water before, during, and after the race. Do not drink alcohol.
- Wear lightly colored and loosely fitting clothing.
- Eat light, low fat meals on the day of the race and no later than 2 hours before race time.
- If it is very hot, slow your pace and take walk breaks.
- If you do not feel well, stop running and seek medical attention.
All not-for-profit organizations that were slated to be beneficiary partners in 2020 will receive their full donation.
|Boston||Inspire Arts & Music|
|Buenos Aires||Fundación Garrahan|
|Buffalo||Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy|
|Dallas-Fort Worth||Carry The Load|
Stiftung Deutsche Sporthilfe
|Johannesburg||Laureus Sport for Good Foundation South Africa|
|London||Alzheimer’s Research UK|
|New York City||Central Park Conservancy|
|Philadelphia||Fairmount Park Conservancy|
|San Francisco||Warriors Community Foundation|
|Singapore||Handicaps Welfare Association|
|Sydney||Indigenous Marathon Foundation|
Customer Service teams are available in the following locations.
Contact us at the location nearest to your company.
For general questions about the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge Series,
please contact us at email@example.com.